Chapter I – Denomination and objectives
The signatories of these Articles of Association, in their capacity as founder members, have decided to establish a non-profit society, according to the provisions of Law 21/1924, named SOCIETATEA ROMÂNĂ DE CHIRURGIE ESTETICĂ (Romanian Aesthetic Surgery Society).
Societatea Română de Chirurgie Estetică (S.R.C.E.) shall be legal person of private law, established according to the provisions of Law 21/1924, as from the final pronouncement of the Cluj County Court of Law.
S.R.C.E. shall be a non-governmental, non profit making and non political organisation. S.R.C.E. shall be fully structurally, operationally and economically autonomous.
The office of the Romanian Aesthetic Surgery Society shall be located in Cluj-Napoca, 7 Timotei Cipariu Square, apart. 9.
THE OBJECTIVES OF S.R.C.E. shall be:
- to have aesthetic surgery recognized as independent entity within surgical specialties;
- to correlate all the scientific, technical and applicative knowledge of its members, in order to work out therapeutic methods highly efficient in patient treatment;
- to enhance the surgical service quality in the country.
S.R.C.E. shall include plastic surgeons (as full members) and also ENT, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, ophthalmologists, dermatologists, gynaecologists, general practitioners and other specialty physicians, biologists and general practitioners (as associate members), with scientific interests related to the improvement of the aesthetic-functional side of human body.
S.R.C.E. may affiliate to similar European or worldwide societies, maintaining scientific relationships with them, mutually participating to the events organized, publication exchange, experience exchange, scholarships.
S.R.C.E. shall contribute in several ways to the development of the professional level of medical personnel and medical act. To this effect S.R.C.E.:
- shall organize an appropriate system of documentation, medical information and publishing of specialty magazines;
- shall support the use of modern investigation, diagnosis and treatment means in medical practice;
- shall draft, together with the Ministry of Health, the rules and methods for acquiring the medical practice licence in private system;
- shall contribute to ensuring the quality of medical services in private system, as well as the compliance with the contractual provisions of these services;
- shall organize various scientific events (congresses, symposiums, panels, consultations, conferences, specialty courses, expert commissions etc.) at local, county or national level, with Romanian and worldwide participants.
- shall grant diplomas, prizes and other incentives for special scientific and professional activity. Granting conditions shall be set by the NATIONAL COMMITTEE of S.R.C.E.
- shall cooperate with Romanian Society for Burns, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Medical Sciences Academy, Romanian Academy, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and other societies and institutes interested in or supporting these activities.
S.R.C.E. shall promote the compliance with medical ethics and deontology principles, based on morality, fellowship and mutual respect principles and also on the principles of physician honour, patients' life and will respect and professional secrecy.
The National Committee of S.R.C.E., based on evidence, written statements, audio-video recordings of the people involved, shall analyse the misconducts, using witnesses.
SRCE members who breach the medical ethics and deontology principles shall be eliminated from SRCE and shall not be accepted anymore to the events organized. Their name shall be recorded on SRCE site for non fellow-like behaviour.
S.R.C.E. autonomy shall consist in:
- organizing and carrying out scientific events;
- managing the funds received from subscriptions, donations, subsidies, as well as from earnings acquired upon the events organized;
- electing the National Committee, the management body of S.R.C.E.
S.R.C.E. office shall be located in Cluj-Napoca, 7 Timotei Cipariu Square, apart. 9. This office may be changed upon the proposal of at least 75% of S.R.C.E. members, at the general assemblies, by vote, at the end of a 4 year term of office.
Chapter II – Organization, Structure and Operation of the Society
S.R.C.E. shall be organized at national level, being possible to establish subsidiaries in Iaşi, Bucharest, Braşov, Timişoara, Craiova and others.
- S.R.C.E. shall consist of founder members, honorary members, full members and associate members (from abroad).
- Honorary members of SRCE may be elected from Romanian or foreign physicians, internationally appreciated, upon the proposal of a member of the National Committee and based on the approval of the general assembly’s simple majority, without having other rights or privileges besides those herein provided.
- Full members of SRCE shall be Romanian plastic surgeons, carrying out their activity in Romania, members of the College of Physicians and who request to become full members after spending a 4 year training as associate members, based on a written application to be approved by the National Committee of SRCE.
- Associate members of SRCE may be Romanian or foreign physicians, ENT, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, ophthalmologists, dermatologists, gynaecologists, general practitioners and other specialty physicians, biologists and general practitioners, with scientific interests related to the improvement of the aesthetic-functional side of human body, requesting this based on a written application to be analysed and approved by the National Committee of SRCE, acquiring the rights and obligations herein provided.
S.R.C.E. shall be managed by a NATIONAL COMMITTEE consisting of President, Vice-President, General Secretary, Scientific Secretary, Organizational Secretary, Treasurer and 7 members, elected for 4 years during the Ordinary or Extraordinary Meeting of SRCE General Assembly, simultaneously with the organisation of a national scientific event.
The President, the Vice-President, the General Secretary and the Scientific Secretary of the Committee must be plastic surgeons. Except for the first legislature, when these positions are filled by a founder member, the promotion in management positions shall take place hierarchically, by fulfilling one legislature in a lower position within the Committee.
So a member shall be proposed as treasurer or scientific secretary or organizational secretary and subsequently in a hierarchically higher position. On these lines a special component and social-professional probity at the level of the National Committee shall be intended.
A member of the National Committee of S.R.C.E. may not participate in the management body as President of other Romanian Medical Society (for example Romanian Society for Burns, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Romanian Surgery Society etc.)
GENERAL ASSEMBLY shall consist of the founder members and full members present when a scientific event organized every 4 years is carried out and shall have the following competences:
- shall approve the National Committee’s activity, based on a written report presented by the Society’s President and distributed to all the members at least 30 days before the General Assembly;
- shall elect the National Committee’s composition, in compliance with the statutory provisions, with the majority of 2/3 of those present at the assembly;
- shall approve the election of new Honorary, Full or Associate Members;
- shall set the form, periodicity and organization method of the national scientific events and their related expenses, upon the proposal of the National Committee;
- shall approve the Society’s budget, the related expenses and shall set the annual subscription amount for the next 4 years, upon the proposal of the National Committee.
NATIONAL COMMITTEE OF S.R.C.E.
- shall handle the Society’s entire activity between two General Assemblies, shall meet each semester and shall have the following competences:
- shall coordinate and approve the schedule of scientific events;
- shall approve the affiliation to European and Worldwide societies with similar interests;
- shall set the annual budget and the expense plan for the respective year, inclusively for various scientific event, which shall be subsequently submitted to the General Assembly in the report;
- shall submit to the General Assembly for approval the appointment of new Honorary and Associate Members, in compliance with the statutory provisions;
- shall analyse the disputes, misconducts notified in writing by S.R.C.E. members and shall suggest written recommendations to those involved;
- shall establish a committee to select the papers to be presented at the scientific events organized by S.R.C.E.;
- shall approve a prize, involving the grant of a diploma every year, for the best original paper presented by a young physician (less than 40 years) to the scientific events organized by S.R.C.E., that shall grant the winner the chance to be proposed for a training scholarship abroad;
- shall suggest the grant of scholarships for gifted young physicians, interested in professional training and having a flawless moral-deontological profile, in order to be trained abroad;
- shall appoint the editorial college of S.R.C.E. magazine on General Assembly, upon the proposal of S.R.C.E. Scientific Secretary, also chief editor of the magazine;
- shall draft recommendations for the establishment of private aesthetic surgery practices by Society’s members;
- shall call the General Assembly every 4 years;
- shall inform the General Assembly about the activity carried out;
- shall approve the sponsorship of some foreign young physicians, who came in Romania for experience exchange.
National Committee’s members shall be relieved form paying of the annual subscription of Euro 300; each member of the National Committee shall attract sponsorships, by its own endeavours, in amount of Euro 1000 for each congress organized by SRCE. Otherwise he/she shall pay through the clinic that he/she runs an amount equal with the sponsorship; the sponsor’s name shall be recorded on the congress leaflets.
- shall have the following competences:
- shall handle the matters for which the National Committee is responsible, between its meetings;
- shall coordinate the current activity together with the National Committee’s other members;
- shall approve the current expenses;
- shall represent S.R.C.E. in relation with other national and international Medical Societies, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Romanian Association of Physicians etc.
- shall give sponsorship characterization to young scholarship beneficiaries;
- shall present the S.R.C.E. report every year during the meetings of the National Committee and every 4 years to the General Assembly.
THE VICE-PRESIDENT shall coordinate the activity of the subsidiaries or branches in the country and shall take over the President’s competences if he/she is not available.
S.R.C.E. GENERAL SECRETARY shall have the following competences:
- shall directly cooperate with the society’s President in order to solve current issues;
- shall represent S.R.C.E. in relation with other non-medical Societies.
S.R.C.E. SCIENTIFIC SECRETARY shall have the following competences:
- shall be chief editor of the Society’s magazine;
- shall coordinate the information-documentation activity of the Society’s members;
- shall coordinate the Committee’s activity regarding the selection and approval of scientific papers for the scientific events organized by S.R.C.E.
- shall suggest to the National Committee papers to be sponsored by the Society in order to be presented to international scientific events;
- shall suggest to the National Committee to reward the best original paper presented by a young physician (less than 40 years);
- shall manage the coordination of specialized and interdisciplinary scientific research.
S.R.C.E. ORGANIZATIONAL SECRETARY shall have the following competences:
- shall submit the scientific events and their schedule to the National Committee for approval;
- shall prepare the National Committee’s meeting and the General Assembly for scientific events;
- in cooperation with other National or International Societies, shall organize joint scientific events, approved by the National Committee;
- shall keep the Society’s records.
S.R.C.E. TREASURER shall have the following competences:
- shall keep the record of the Society’s funds resulted from subscriptions, donations, subsidies, sponsorships etc.;
- shall handle the current expenses, with the President’s or General Secretary’s approval;
- shall submit the annual budget and the expense plan for the respective year to the National Committee for approval;
- shall submit the annual income and expense report to the National Committee.
Competences of S.R.C.E. SUBSIDIARIES
- shall cooperate with the National Committee to organize scientific events;
- shall coordinate by areas the information-documentation activity of the Society’s members;
- shall submit recommendations to the National Committee, regarding the grant of abroad scholarships to deserving young physicians;
- shall collect the annual subscription from the subsidiary’s members and shall acquire donations, subsidies or other funds upon the events organized;
- shall provide a good territorial representation of the tasks and recommendations drafted by the National Committee.
RIGHTS AND DUTIES of S.R.C.E. members shall be:
- every S.R.C.E. founder member and full member shall have voting rights within the General Assembly;
- every member shall be entitled to send papers of his/her own or of his/her collective, as well as other general interest papers, to be approved for publication or presentation at scientific events;
- every founder member and full member may be elected in the society’s management bodies, in compliance with the statutory provisions;
- the honorary members or the associate members may not fill positions in the Society’s management;
- every member shall have the right and duty to participate to the fulfilment of the objectives proposed by S.R.C.E. and the duty to take into consideration the professional and social-deontological recommendations made by the National Committee.
a) Full members:
- shall be bound to pay every year a subscription of Euro 300;
- shall participate for free to the Congresses organized by SRCE and the following shall be included: congress documents, all the workshops, congress papers, social programmes (cocktail, dinner gala and for their partners);
- shall benefit of reduced fees to the events organized by partner societies (Romanian Association of Plastic Surgeons, Romanian Society of Hand Surgery, Romanian Society of Microsurgery, European Academy of Aesthetic/ Cosmetic Surgery);
- shall receive certificate, label and badge, certifying the capacity of full member and may use the SRCE logo;
- shall be recorded on SRCE site, including: brief CV, address, contact telephone, address of the their private clinic, agreed by SRCE.
b) Associate members:
- shall be bound to pay every year a subscription of Euro 50;
- shall benefit of reduced fees to the congresses organized by SRCE and shall benefit of reduced fees to the events organized by partner societies (Romanian Association of Plastic Surgeons, Romanian Society of Hand Surgery, Romanian Society of Microsurgery, European Academy of Aesthetic/ Cosmetic Surgery).
The capacity of S.R.C.E. member may terminate:
- upon the written request of the person involved;
- because of the failure to pay the Society’s membership fee for more than two consecutive years;
- by elimination by the simple majority of General Assembly, upon the suggestion of the National Committee, for serious misconducts related to medical deontology or other acts incompatible with the capacity of physician.
DISSOLUTION OF THE SOCIETY may be decided based on the votes of 75% of all the full members, upon the proposal of at least 1/3 of the full members. In this case the General Assembly shall appoint a commission to make sure that the society's funds are taken over by the Romanian Academy in order to subsidize the cicatrisation research activity.
Any amendment of these Articles of Association may be brought upon the request of the National Committee and shall be submitted to the General Assembly for approval by simple majority.